Thursday, January 1, 2009

Let the savings begin!

Happy New Year everybody. So to start off my new year of saving I will be implementing these simple steps.

Pre-baby step 1: Get current on all your bills and make a budget
Baby step 1: Save $1000 (baby emergency fund)
Baby step 2: Debt snowball ( Make a list of all debts, smallest to largest. Any extra money from the budget (snowball) goes towards the smallest debt. When that debt is paid, take the money spent on the wiped out debt and move it to the next debt. Keep going until all debts are paid off.)
Baby step 3: Save 6 months of living expenses
(taken from Kristin's blog)

These steps are not too intimidating for me and I really think we could get our debt paid off by the end of the year following them. Off to make a budget

2 comments:

  1. Is this Dave Ramsey? I'd like to try something like this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Nichole!! I love Dave Ramsey... we just got started, and now I have to make that budget!!

    ReplyDelete