Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 3 & 4

Saturday I got to join my Mom for a girls day out. I brought Abby with me and we all went to the hair dressers. I know, I know not really a need but my wonderful Mom bought me lunch and a cut/dye job. I love my Mommy!!

Today I got up and while eating breakfast cut coupons. There were a ton of coupons in this weekends paper! Then I made my menu for the next 2 weeks.

Week 1/5 - 1/11
Monday-Apple glazed chicken w/rice
Tuesday-Upside down pizza
Wednesday-left overs
Thursday-Fried Chicken, okra, and mashed potatos
Friday-Hamburger Helper w/greenbeans
Saturday-Stir fry w/rice
Sunday-Tuna Helper
Week 1/12 - /18
Monday-Taco Pasta
Tuesday- Bacon Cheese Burgers w/baked potatos
Wednesday-left overs
Thursday-Chicken Quesadillas w/refried beans and rice
Friday-Tuna Helper w/corn
Saturday-red beans & rice w/chicken
Sunday-leftovers

After making my menu I made my grocery list and headed to the store. I really want to get into going to different stores to stretch my money as far as I can but I am going to start off slow. So I decided to go to Kroger for the double/triple coupon deal. The total came out to ~$180 before coupons and after it was $150. I saved $30!! And this is for two weeks so I really saved more because we had been spending $150-$180 per week! *gasp* I'm so excited about my savings. And I have decided to quit shopping at Super Target because that only gets me into trouble.

On another note I was really starting to get bummed that I couldn't buy some kind of storage for all the toys that Abby got for Christmas. They are all just piled in our living room floor and she is overwhelmed by them. She doesn't know what to play with so she doesn't play with any of them. I was talking with my Mom about it and she said that she had an old toy box at her house and would bring it to me. Yippy!

5 comments:

  1. Great start on the groceries! Way to find a free solution to the toy problem too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Great Savings!

    Yay for storage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the groceries! That's where I need the most help!! Does Kroger do double/triple coupons all the time or just certain days?

    ReplyDelete
  4. they do double/triple coupons all the time

    ReplyDelete